This page will lay out some of our current campaigns:
Speaking of Your Research-easiest id to fake
While advocacy groups can talk generally about why animal use continues to be needed, researchers are able to talk specifically about why their research could be not done without the careful and humane use of animal models. Speaking of Research challenges 52 scientists, a minute fraction of the total, to spend 2 hours this year writing a short article about their own research and why it requires animals. If this challenge is met we could publish one article every week for a year!
The guidelines are simple:
– Articles should preferably be between 400 and 1500 words (much shorter than a grant proposal!)
– Articles should include a picture if possible (No copyrighted images please)
– Articles should be signed. If you are uncomfortable with using your name, tell us
– Articles should be written in a manner accessible by non-scientists (we can help with this)
– Articles should cover some of the following questions:
- What does your research involve?
- What are you researching? What applications might your research have in the future?
- Why do you need to use animal models, why not alternatives?
- How do you specifically consider the welfare needs of the animals?
The Speaking of Research committee is more than willing to offer help and advice to support you writing your article. Please email us on professional fake id